Spicy seafood spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Indulge in this simple seafood pasta dish for two. Rich, bold flavours that you can create in just half an hour. Feel free to vary the seafood to include your favourites such as prawns or crab
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fat garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml white wine (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 175g dried spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 140g mussels , washed and beards removed (you can ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
- 140g clams , washed
- 100g cooked lobster meat
- chilli oil or olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ small pack parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil and cook the spaghetti following pack instructions. Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic and chilli, and fry for 1-2 mins over a medium heat. Pour in the wine (if using) and simmer for 3-5 mins until it reduces by a third. Tip in the tomatoes, burst them with a wooden spoon and bring to a gentle simmer. Season well.
- STEP 2
Discard any broken or open clams and mussels, then add to the tomato sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for about 3 mins until the shells open. Remove any mussels or clams with their shells still shut using a slotted spoon. Stir through the lobster meat.
- STEP 3
Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little cooking water and add to the pan. Toss the spaghetti with tongs to coat in the sauce. Serve in big bowls with a drizzle of chilli or olive oil, a scattering of parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.