- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fat garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml white wine (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 175g dried spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 140g mussels , washed and beards removed (you can ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
- 140g clams , washed
- 100g cooked lobster meat
- chilli oil or olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ small pack parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil and cook the spaghetti following pack instructions. Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic and chilli, and fry for 1-2 mins over a medium heat. Pour in the wine (if using) and simmer for 3-5 mins until it reduces by a third. Tip in the tomatoes, burst them with a wooden spoon and bring to a gentle simmer. Season well.
- STEP 2
Discard any broken or open clams and mussels, then add to the tomato sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for about 3 mins until the shells open. Remove any mussels or clams with their shells still shut using a slotted spoon. Stir through the lobster meat.
- STEP 3
Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little cooking water and add to the pan. Toss the spaghetti with tongs to coat in the sauce. Serve in big bowls with a drizzle of chilli or olive oil, a scattering of parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.