Spicy roast veg & lentils
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pack in an impressive 3 of your 5-a-day with this spicy vegetarian lentil dish filled with roast butternut squash, peppers and onions
- 1 small-medium butternut squash (about 950g/2lb 2oz)
- 1 red onion , halved and thickly sliced
- 3 peppers (a mix of red, orange and yellow from a pack), deseeded and cut into 1cm or 1/2in-wide strips
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 2 x 400g cans puy lentils , drained and rinsed
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- large handful coriander , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using a sharp knife, peel the butternut squash. Cut it in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds, then cut into 1cm-thick slices widthways across the squash.
- STEP 2
Put the squash slices in a large roasting tin with the onion, peppers and garlic. Mix the oil with the curry paste and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss well to coat in the curry mix and season.
- STEP 3
Roast for 30 mins until the vegetables are beginning to soften. Add the lentils and stock to the roasting tin and mix. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 mins until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the coriander and serve straight away.