Spiced roast cauliflower with herby rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A stunning vegan main that's easy to prepare and looks the part on the plate. Roasting the cauliflower brings out the earthy flavours of the vegetable
- 1 cauliflower , broken into florets
- 2 red peppers , cut into chunky pieces
- 1 red onion , 1/2 quartered, 1/2 sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 200ml vegan coconut yogurt (such as Coconut Collaborative or COYO)
- 125g basmati rice
- 400ml vegan vegetable stock (such as Marigold Vegan Bouillon Powder)
- small pack coriander , chopped
- pomegranate seeds , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread out the cauliflower, peppers and onion quarters on a very large baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with the ras el hanout. Toss together, season and roast for 30 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, stir the garlic into the yogurt and set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining oil. Add the sliced onion, season and fry for 5 mins. Add the rice and coat well in the oil. Pour over vegetable stock so that it covers it by about 2cm. Bring to the boil, then turn down to the lowest heat and cover with a lid. Check after 5 mins and add most of the coriander. Cook for 4 mins more until al dente.
- STEP 3
Remove from the heat and let it sit with the lid on for 10 mins. Serve the roasted vegetables with the rice, remaining coriander, the pomegranate seeds and the yogurt sauce to share.