Speedy beef tacos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 400g can black beans or kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- leftover Bolognese (see Bolognese recipe below, right)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 little gem lettuce , shredded
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g pot soured cream
- STEP 1
Quickly pickle the onion: put it in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and 1⁄2 tsp salt. Leave for 10 mins, then stir in the cider vinegar and leave to pickle for another 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, stir the beans and chilli sauce into the Bolognese and heat for 10-15 mins until piping hot. Add a little water if the mixture seems too thick.
- STEP 3
Heat the corn tortillas following pack instructions. Top with spoonfuls of the Bolognese, some pickled onions, lettuce, avocado and a dollop of soured cream.