Spanish seafood pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 350g short pasta shapes (we used orzo )
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp turmeric or a large pinch of saffron strands
- 85g chorizo , diced
- 200g pack mixed cooked seafood
- 2 roasted red peppers ,from a jar, sliced
- 100g frozen pea
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta in lots of water following pack instructions, with the stock cube and half the turmeric or saffron. About 7 mins before the pasta is cooked, tip the chorizo into a frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until slightly crisp. Tip out some of the fat, then add the remaining turmeric or saffron, seafood, peppers and peas.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta, reserving some of the stock. Tip the pasta back into the pan, add the chorizo and seafood mixture and a splash of the reserved stock, and heat through. Stir in most of the parsley.
- STEP 3
Serve in warm bowls, with the remaining parsley sprinkled on top.