Spanish chicken traybake with chorizo & peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Add this easy dinner recipe to your repertoire - simply pop herby chicken thighs into a roasting tin with colourful veg and spicy sausage
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus a few sprigs
- 4 tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs on the bone, excess skin trimmed
- economy bag mixed peppers (about 700g), halved and deseeded
- 140g piece of chorizo, roughly chopped (we used a spicy one)
- 20 pitted black olives
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- crusty bread, pasta or potatoes, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic and thyme leaves with a little seasoning and 2 tsp oil to make a paste. If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, finely grate the garlic, then stir everything together.
- STEP 2
Rub the herb and garlic paste on the underside of the chicken to flavour it.
- STEP 3
Cut each of the pepper halves into 2 or 3 chunky strips, depending on their size. Pile into a large roasting tin with the chorizo and olives, toss with the remaining oil, then sit the chicken on top, skin-side up. Scatter over the tomatoes, spoon over the vinegar, season and tuck in the thyme sprigs.
- STEP 4
Roast for 1 hr until the chicken skin is crispy and the vegetables have softened. Serve with crusty bread, pasta or potatoes.