Spaghetti aglio e olio
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 200g Napolina Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of well-salted water to the boil and cook the Napolina spaghetti for about 10 mins, or until al dente – it should retain a little bite.
- STEP 2
When the pasta is nearly ready, heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat and sizzle the garlic and chilli, if using, for 1 minute until fragrant and the garlic is lightly golden but not brown (the garlic will taste bitter if it gets too dark).
- STEP 3
Drain the spaghetti and add it to the garlicky oil with the parsley. Season and toss to combine, then serve.