Soft-boiled eggs with black rice & aubergine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 small aubergine , cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- ½ tsp cardamom seeds (without pods)
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 90g kale or spring greens
- 250g pouch black rice (we used Gallo)
- 2 medium eggs , soft-boiled for 6 mins
- 30g Greek yogurt
- ½ small pack parsley , leaves picked
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Put the aubergine in a roasting tin, toss in 1/2 the olive oil and 1/2 the lemon juice. Cook for 35-40 mins until softened.
- STEP 2
When the aubergines are cooked through, tip the cardamom seeds into a frying pan, toast a little, then add the remaining olive oil and toast the spices. Add the kale and allow to wilt for 5-6 mins. Add the rice (with 100ml water if the pack instructs) and cook for 2 mins. Add the aubergine and give a good stir to combine everything. Season and add more lemon juice if necessary.
- STEP 3
To serve, peel the boiled eggs and slice in half. Divide the rice between two bowls, add half the yogurt to each, then top with an egg and the parsley.