- 50g radishes, finely sliced into rounds
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp strong horseradish
- 100g double cream, lightly whipped
- 400g smoked salmon, cut into long slices
- 100g cooked beetroot, finely sliced into rounds
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are…
- 2 preserved lemons, finely diced
- handful of pea shoots
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, to serve
First, lightly pickle the radish slices by putting them in a small bowl with the vinegar for at least 30 mins. Meanwhile, mix the horseradish with the whipped cream in a small bowl and season with salt.
Lay 100g of the long salmon slices on 4 rectangular plates in a neat rectangle shape. Put 3 discs of beetroot on top of the salmon in different places. Arrange about 6 slices of the pickled radish around the salmon too. Add a few orange segments and some of the preserved lemon.
Next, shape the horseradish into quenelles by using 2 teaspoons to scoop and roll it. Put 3 quenelles on each plate. Finally, scatter with the pea shoots, and drizzle over a little oil before serving.
HorseradishMake your own horseradish cream if you can, otherwise buy the best you can find for a stronger flavour.
Get aheadAll the individual components can be prepped a day ahead and stored in separate containers in the fridge overnight. You can also arrange the salmon on serving plates and wrap in cling film, ready to serve.