Smoked salmon carpaccio
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4
- 50g radishes , finely sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp strong horseradish
- 100g double cream , lightly whipped
- 400g smoked salmon , cut into long slices
- 100g cooked beetroot , finely sliced into rounds
- 2 oranges , peeled and segmented
- 2 preserved lemons , finely diced
- handful of pea shoots
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil , to serve
- STEP 1
First, lightly pickle the radish slices by putting them in a small bowl with the vinegar for at least 30 mins. Meanwhile, mix the horseradish with the whipped cream in a small bowl and season with salt.
- STEP 2
Lay 100g of the long salmon slices on 4 rectangular plates in a neat rectangle shape. Put 3 discs of beetroot on top of the salmon in different places. Arrange about 6 slices of the pickled radish around the salmon too. Add a few orange segments and some of the preserved lemon.
- STEP 3
Next, shape the horseradish into quenelles by using 2 teaspoons to scoop and roll it. Put 3 quenelles on each plate. Finally, scatter with the pea shoots, and drizzle over a little oil before serving.