Smoked salmon & avocado terrines
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A light, elegant make-ahead starter to ease you into the Christmas Day blow-out, or to kick off a dinner party menu
- sunflower oil , for greasing
- 300g and 150g pack thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 100g pack Chevre or other mild goat's cheese , broken into small pieces
- 3 tbsp snipped chives
- 3 large ripe avocados , peeled, stoned and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- sweet chilli sauce , for drizzling
- salad leaves and vinaigrette, to serve
- STEP 1
Lightly oil 8 small ramekins. Line with cling film, then the salmon (either 1 large or 2 smaller slices), allowing plenty of overhang.
- STEP 2
Gently mix together the cheese, chives and avocado with the lemon juice and plenty of seasoning. Spoon into the salmon-lined ramekins, press down, fold over the overlapping salmon, then cling film to seal in the mixture. Can be made the night before, but if making on the day they should be chilled for at least 4 hrs.
- STEP 3
On the day, gently lift the terrines out of the ramekins using the cling film, then remove the film. Place the terrines on plates with some baby salad leaves tossed in a little vinaigrette. Drizzle the terrine and plate with sweet chilli sauce. Serve on their own or with toast.