Slow-cooker Spanish chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This slow-cooked stew is packed with Mediterranean flavour from chorizo, olives, tomatoes and peppers. The meat will fall off the bone – mop up the sauce with bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, halved and sliced
- 12 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 225g pack chorizo picante, thickly sliced
- pack of 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks
- 150g (drained weight) pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives
- 300ml dry white wine (serve the rest of the bottle with the meal)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry 1 sliced Spanish onion for about 5 mins until golden.
- STEP 2
Tip into the slow cooker pot (we used a 6.5-litre model), then fry 12 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs and 225g thickly sliced chorizo picante in the same pan until starting to colour – you will need to do this in two batches.
- STEP 3
Add to the slow cooker with 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks and 150g pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives.
- STEP 4
Tip 300ml dry white wine, 300ml chicken stock and 1 tbsp tomato purée into the pan.
- STEP 5
Scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom, then tip into the slow cooker, cover and cook on Low for 6 hrs.