- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 Spanish onion, halved and sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 12 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 225g pack chorizo picante, thickly sliced
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- pack of 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks
- 150g (drained weight) pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives
- 300ml dry white wine (serve the rest of the bottle with the meal)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion for about 5 mins until golden. Tip into the slow cooker pot (we used a 6.5-litre model), then fry the chicken and chorizo in the same pan until starting to colour – you will need to do this in two batches. Add to the slow cooker with the peppers and olives.
Tip the wine, stock and tomato purée into the pan. Scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom, then tip into the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6 hrs.