- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 Spanish onion, halved and sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 12 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 225g pack chorizo picante, thickly sliced
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- pack of 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks
- 150g (drained weight) pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives
- 300ml dry white wine (serve the rest of the bottle with the meal)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry 1 sliced Spanish onion for about 5 mins until golden.
Tip into the slow cooker pot (we used a 6.5-litre model), then fry 12 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs and 225g thickly sliced chorizo picante in the same pan until starting to colour – you will need to do this in two batches.
Add to the slow cooker with 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks and 150g pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives.
Tip 300ml dry white wine, 300ml chicken stock and 1 tbsp tomato purée into the pan.
Scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom, then tip into the slow cooker, cover and cook on Low for 6 hrs.