Skinny Thai burgers with sweet potato chips & pineapple salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 sweet potatoes , unpeeled and cut into chunky chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400-500g extra lean minced pork or beef
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 6 spring onions , chopped
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- 200g pineapple chunks, diced
- juice ½ lime
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce , plus extra for dipping chips
- 1 Little Gem lettuce
- 4 buns , toasted
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato chips with the oil and some seasoning on a baking sheet. Roast for 40-45 mins until golden and crisp.
- STEP 2
Mix the mince with the curry paste, half the spring onions, half the coriander and some seasoning. Shape into 4 burgers.
- STEP 3
Mix remaining spring onions and coriander with the pineapple, lime juice, red chilli and sweet chilli sauce.
- STEP 4
When the chips have 10 mins to go, heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle and cook the burgers for 3-5 mins on each side until golden and cooked through. Serve the burgers in the buns with lettuce leaves and salsa piled on top, the sweet potato chips and extra chilli sauce for dipping.