- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
A favourite winter vegetable served hot with roasted game birds but equally good as a colourful…
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 100g beansprouts (make sure they are the ready-to-eat variety)
Widely seen as a major, somehow magic, ingredient, beansprouts…
- 30g peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 x 2cm-thick tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Mix together the sesame oil and lime juice with some seasoning, then toss with the red cabbage, chilli, yellow pepper, beansprouts and peanuts.
Heat a non-stick frying pan until searing hot. Season the tuna steaks on both sides and turn them in the sesame seeds to coat. Fry for 3 mins each side until the tuna is browned and a sesame crust has formed, but the fish is still pink in the middle. Leave to rest for a few mins, then serve with the slaw and lime wedges for squeezing over.