Sesame tuna steaks with Asian slaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime , 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges to serve
- ¼ red cabbage , shredded
- ½ red chilli , thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper , cut into strips
- 100g beansprouts (make sure they are the ready-to-eat variety)
- 30g peanuts , toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 x 2cm-thick tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- STEP 1
Mix together the sesame oil and lime juice with some seasoning, then toss with the red cabbage, chilli, yellow pepper, beansprouts and peanuts.
- STEP 2
Heat a non-stick frying pan until searing hot. Season the tuna steaks on both sides and turn them in the sesame seeds to coat. Fry for 3 mins each side until the tuna is browned and a sesame crust has formed, but the fish is still pink in the middle. Leave to rest for a few mins, then serve with the slaw and lime wedges for squeezing over.