Sausageball pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g sausagemeat
- 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- 1 tsp thyme or rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g carton passata
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300g fusilli or other pasta shapes
- ½ small Savoy cabbage , cut into 1cm-wide slices
- 250g ball mozzarella , cubed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- STEP 1
Put the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs and thyme or rosemary in a bowl and mix to combine. Shape into 20 small balls.
- STEP 2
Heat oil in a wide pan and cook the sausageballs for 10 mins until nicely browned. Add passata and tomato paste, cover and simmer gently for 20 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook pasta following pack instructions, adding the cabbage for the final 5 mins of cooking time. Drain cabbage and pasta, toss with the sauce and spoon into a heatproof dish.
- STEP 4
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Push mozzarella cubes into the top of the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 15-20 mins until bubbling and crusty.