- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling
- Serves 4
- 1 boiled egg , finely chopped
- ½ red onion , finely chopped
- 50g Serrano ham , chopped
- ½ green pepper , finely sliced
- STEP 1
Soak the bread in a shallow dish of water for 30 secs on each side. Whizz together the soaked bread, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic and olive oil in a food processor. Add 2 tbsp cider vinegar, a large pinch of salt and 100ml water, then mix again to a smooth soup consistency, adding a little more water if it is too thick. Check the seasoning and add more salt, vinegar or olive oil to taste.
- STEP 2
Chill the soup for at least 1 hr, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Top with the egg, onion, ham and green pepper.