Salmon with salsa verde new potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 with leftover salsa verde
Salsa verde is a punchy green sauce made from garlic, capers, basil, parsley, anchovies and lemon juice- the perfect foil for fish
- 250g new potato , halved
- 2 salmon fillets , skin on, about 140g each
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot , roughly chopped
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- small bunch basil , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp caper
- 4 anchovies , roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove , roughly chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- sugar snap pea , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 mins or until tender.
- STEP 2
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 10 mins until the skin is crisp. Turn over and cook for another 4 mins.
- STEP 3
Put the oil, shallots, parsley, basil, capers, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice in a small blender and whizz to a green sauce. Add seasoning to taste. Toss 2 tbsp of the sauce with the potatoes and serve with the salmon and sugar snap peas, if you like.