Salmon & lemon mini fish cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 140g smoked salmon trimmings, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley , plust extra
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour mixed with 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- a little oil , for frying
- STEP 1
Microwave potatoes on high for 10 mins until tender. Leave to cool for 5 mins, scoop the flesh in a bowl, then mash and leave to cool. Season with olive oil, lemon zest and juice to taste, then mix in the egg, salmon and parsley. Shape into small rounds 3cm wide and 1cm deep. Chill for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Dust each cake with the peppered flour, then fry over a low heat in a little oil for 2-3 mins on each side. Drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with salmon and parsley.