Rosemary chicken with oven-roasted ratatouille
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 aubergine , cut into chunky pieces
- 2 courgettes , sliced into half-moons
- 3 mixed peppers , deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary , plus 4 small sprigs
- 2 large garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 250g cherry or baby plum tomato , halved
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large roasting tin, toss together the aubergine, courgettes and peppers with half the chopped rosemary, half the garlic, 2 tbsp oil and some seasoning. Spread out the vegetables in an even layer, then roast in the oven for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix remaining rosemary, garlic and oil together. Slash each of the chicken breasts 4-5 times with a sharp knife, brush over the flavoured oil, season and chill for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
After veg have cooked for 20 mins, stir in the tomatoes. Make spaces in the roasting tin and nestle the chicken breasts amongst the vegetables. Place a rosemary sprig on top of each chicken breast. Return the tin to the oven for 18-20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are lightly caramelised. Serve with some new potatoes, if you like.