Rosemary balsamic lamb with vegetable mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 320g celeriac , peeled and diced
- 320g swede , peeled and diced
- 320g potato , peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 red onions , thinly sliced
- 550g lean, trimmed lamb steak , diced
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 320g spinach , to serve
- 320g frozen peas , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the celeriac, swede and potato in a large steamer, then steam for 25 mins until softened.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions for 10 mins until softened and golden. Push to the side of the pan, then add the lamb and rosemary and stir-fry over the heat until browned, but still a little pink in the middle – try not to overcook it as it will become tough and will need a longer cook to become tender again. Add the bouillon and balsamic vinegar with 200ml boiling water. Stir to make a sauce.
- STEP 3
Mash the steamed veg and spoon half into the centre of two plates. Top with half the lamb and gravy, scatter with the parsley and serve with the spinach and peas. Chill the remaining lamb and veg to reheat and serve on another evening.