Root veg lentil bowl with herb pistou
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 600g leftover root veg (carrots and parsnips work well)
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 150g baby spinach
- ½ small bunch of coriander
- ½ small bunch of mint
- 1 small garlic clove
- 30g mixed nuts , toasted and cooled
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- cooked puy lentils (or 2 x 250g pouches)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slice the carrots into chunks, or halve lengthways if they are small, and quarter the parsnips lengthways. Toss with the harissa and ½ tbsp oil and season. Tip onto a baking tray and roast for 40-45 mins or until tender. Toss the spinach and 1 tbsp of water through for the last 5 mins to wilt.
- STEP 2
Blitz the remaining oil, the coriander, mint, garlic and nuts in a food processor until smooth – add 1 tbsp water if needed. Season and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- STEP 3
Warm the lentils through in the microwave or in a pan with a few tablespoons of water, then toss with the roots and spinach. Spoon into bowls and top with the herb pistou.