Roasted carrots with goat’s cheese & pomegranate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 as a starter or side, or 4 as a main
- 750g/ 1lb 10oz carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- grated zest and juice 1 small orange
- 400g can chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 100g/ 4oz white-rinded vegetarian goat's cheese
- small bunch oregano or mint , roughly chopped
- 75g/2½oz pomegranate seeds
- warm flatbreads , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Toss the carrots with 1 tbsp of the oil, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and orange zest, and season with salt. Spread onto a large baking sheet and roast for 50 mins until tender and catching some colour on the edges.
- STEP 2
Stir the chickpeas into the roasted carrots, then tip onto a large serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining oil and a little of the orange juice. Crumble over the goat’s cheese and scatter with the herbs and pomegranate seeds. Serve warm with toasted flatbreads.