Roasted beetroot & egg salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 200g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- a few stalks of dill , most finely chopped, a few small fronds picked for garnish
- 70g bag lamb's lettuce
- 1 tbsp roasted chopped hazelnut
- 2 slices bread and butter, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pop the beetroot in a roasting tin, add half the oil, 2 tsp of the vinegar, the honey and seasoning. Roast for 20-25 mins, tossing twice until sticky. Leave to cool for a few mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the eggs in boiling water. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins, then run under cold water to cool. Peel and halve.
- STEP 3
Mix the remaining oil, crème fraîche, mustard, the final tsp of vinegar and chopped dill together. Toss the lamb’s lettuce in the dressing, and arrange on plates with the roasted beetroot and egg. Scatter with a few more dill fronds and tumble over the nuts. Serve with bread and butter.