Roast aubergine with goat's cheese & toasted flatbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Punchy flavours and plenty of crunch - you won't even notice you're eating a superhealthy salad
- 2 aubergines , thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 Middle Eastern flatbread or pitta
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- handful mint leaves
- 2 shallots , 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- 50g goat's cheese , crumbled
- handful wild rocket , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the aubergine slices with 1 tbsp of the oil, then season. Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final 5 mins. Tear the flatbread into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 8 mins, or until crisp, then remove.
- STEP 2
For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mint, chopped shallots, chilli, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
- STEP 3
Scatter the aubergine slices, tomatoes, sliced shallot and crisp flatbread into a serving bowl. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and scatter over a little rocket.