- 400g lean pork shoulder, cut into 2cm chunks
One of the most versatile types of meat, pork is economical, tender if cooked correctly, and…
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
Closely related to marjoram, of which it is the wild equivalent, oregano has a coarser, more…
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- 100ml fat-free yogurt
Yogurt is made by adding a number of types of harmless bacteria to milk, causing it to ferment.…
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ½ cucumber, trimmed and grated
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- flatbreads, warmed, to serve (optional)
Put the pork in a large bowl with the oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice and paprika as well as a good pinch of salt. Toss everything together to combine and leave to marinate for 10 mins.
Combine the yogurt, garlic and cucumber together in a bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
Heat the grill to high. Thread the marinated pork and the peppers on four metal skewers, alternating between the pork and peppers as you go. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and grill for 3-4 mins on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown.
Serve with the lettuce, yogurt mixture and chilli sauce, and flatbreads, if you like.