Pork with pears
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions , roots trimmed and cut into eighths
- 2 large pears , quartered and cored (leave the skin on)
- few sprigs rosemary , leaves roughly chopped
- 4 pork steaks, about 175g/6oz each, trimmed of excess fat
- 50g blue cheese , cubed
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a roasting tin on the hob (use 2 rings), then add the onions, pears, most of the rosemary and seasoning. Fry for 5 mins or until just starting to caramelise.
- STEP 2
Heat grill to high. Season the pork, then arrange among the veg and fry for 5 mins, turning halfway until golden and cooked through. Scatter with the remaining rosemary and the cheese, grill until the cheese starts to melt, then serve.