Polenta pizza with purple sprouting broccoli & mozzarella
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A low-calorie, vegetarian pizza with sweet peppers and a golden polenta base. Top with melting mozzarella and Parmesan
- 400ml vegetable stock (I used Marigold bouillon powder)
- 100g polenta
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan (vegetarian version optional)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli , ends trimmed
- 4 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 125g ball of low-fat mozzarella , cut into cubes
- 10 red peppers from a jar, halved (I used Peppadew)
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to its highest setting. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil, then slowly pour in the polenta, whisking constantly. Add some salt and 2 tbsp of the Parmesan. Continue to whisk until thick, about 3 mins.
- STEP 2
Grease a large baking tray with 1 tsp of the oil, pour over the polenta and spread it out to a 30cm circle – if you have time, leave it to chill, uncovered, in the fridge for 30 mins.
- STEP 3
Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 mins. Rinse in cold water and drain well. If any stems are thick, halve them lengthways. In a small bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes with the garlic and remaining oil. Season well.
- STEP 4
Layer the mozzarella over the polenta, then add the broccoli, tomatoes, peppers and remaining Parmesan. Pop under the grill for 3-4 mins or until golden at the edges and the cheese has melted.