Polenta bruschetta with tapenade
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 1 hour cooling
- Serves 6
- 700ml vegetable stock (Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon is gluten and dairy-free)
- 140g instant polenta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 9 tsp (about half a 190g jar) olive tapenade
- 9 SunBlush or semi-dried tomatoes , halved
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- STEP 1
Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan, then reduce to a simmer. Stirring continuously, pour in the polenta in a steady steam and cook for 5 mins until thickened. Stir in the basil and season with black pepper and salt, if you like. Spread on an oiled shallow tin measuring 24 x 18cm. Leave to set for 1 hr.
- STEP 2
Cut the polenta into 9 rectangles, each 8 x 6cm, then cut in half diagonally to make triangle shapes. Heat a griddle until hot, brush each triangle with oil and grill for 4-5 mins each side, until crisp and golden.
- STEP 3
Top each triangle with 1⁄2 tsp tapenade and half a tomato. Serve warm on salad leaves.