Pepperoni pizza pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus proving
- Serves 2
- 300g pizza base mix
- plain flour , for dusting
- 6 tbsp pasta sauce (we used arrabbiata)
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1 small red onion , sliced
- 1 green pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 125g ball mozzarella , drained and chopped
- handful oregano leaves or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Make up the pizza base following pack instructions. Knead on a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 balls, 1 slightly bigger than the other. Roll out the bigger ball to about 32cm diameter. Place on a floured baking sheet or pizza tray.
- STEP 2
Top the pizza base with the pasta sauce, pepperoni, onion, pepper, mozzarella, oregano, 1 tbsp of the Parmesan and a little black pepper.
- STEP 3
Roll the smaller piece of dough to about 28cm diameter and place on top of the pizza filling. Fold the edge of the base over the top, pressing the edges together to seal – use a little water to help stick if you need to. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden.