- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 425g can pilchard in tomato sauce
- 70g pack dried black olive with herbs (we used Crespo), roughly chopped
- shaved parmesan , to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and chilli for 3-4 mins to soften. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min, then add the pilchards with their sauce. Cook, breaking up the fish with a wooden spoon, then add the olives and continue to cook for a few more mins.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta and add to the pan with 2-3 tbsp of the cooking water. Toss everything together well, then divide between plates and serve, scattered with Parmesan.