Penne with broccoli, lemon & anchovies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 170g wholemeal penne
- 1 leek , washed and sliced
- 180g broccoli , cut into small florets
- 2 tsp oil from the anchovy can, plus 15g anchovies, chopped
- 1 red pepper , seeded, quartered and sliced
- ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 red chilli , seeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- ½ lemon , zested and juiced
- 4 tbsp ricotta
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- STEP 1
Boil the pasta with the sliced leek for 7 mins, then add the broccoli and boil for 5 mins until everything is just tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil from the anchovies and fry the red pepper with the rosemary, chilli and garlic in a large non-stick pan for 5 mins until softened.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta, reserving a little water, then tip the pasta and veg into the pan and add the lemon juice and zest, anchovies and ricotta. Toss well over the heat, using the pasta water to moisten. Toss through the sunflower seeds and serve.