- 6 thin slices of brioche loaf, cut into cubes
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, cut into quarters
- 6 ripe peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
Sweet, juicy and fragrant, peaches are one of the most beautiful fruit around. Around the size…
- 2 balls burrata or buffalo mozzarella, torn into small chunks
- ½ tsp lemon thyme leaves, to serve
- handful basil leaves, to serve
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
For the dressing
- 6 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 lemon, juiced
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 1 tbsp capers in brine, drained and finely chopped
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean. As they…
Make the dressing by whisking the oil, lemon juice and capers together in a small bowl, then set aside.
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Scatter the brioche cubes over a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 mins until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter with the peaches and burrata and season well. To serve, drizzle over the dressing, then scatter over the thyme, basil and croutons.