Pea & ham pot pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Bake this wholesome pie for one which takes just 40 minutes from prep to plate. It's a good choice if you're on a budget, costing less than £1.50 a serving
- 100g fresh or frozen soffritto mix (or any ready chopped onions, carrots and celery)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 button mushrooms , quartered
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 slice of ham , cut into pieces
- 2-3 tbsp cream (of any sort)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or other French mustard
- ¼ pack puff pastry (freeze the rest for another time)
- flour (any kind), for rolling
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fry the soffrito mix in the oil until it softens and starts to turn golden, add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of mins. Add the peas and ham and cook until the peas are heated through. Stir in the cream and mustard, then turn off the heat. Season well and tip into a pie dish, ovenproof bowl or large shallow mug.
- STEP 2
Roll out the pastry using a little of the flour until it is larger than the top of your dish. Lightly score a criss-cross pattern into the pastry. Wet the rim of the dish with water and lift the pastry on top, pressing the pastry on to the edges of the dish.
- STEP 3
Cook for 20-25 mins or until the pastry is risen and golden.