- 100g fresh or frozen soffritto mix (or any ready chopped onions, carrots and celery)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
A type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,…
- 1 slice of ham, cut into pieces
- 2-3 tbsp cream (of any sort)
Fresh unpasteurised milk quickly separates and the fat rises to the top. This fat layer is then…
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or other French mustard
- ¼ pack puff pastry (freeze the rest for another time)
- flour (any kind), for rolling
Flour is usually made from grinding wheat, maize, rye, barley or rice. As the main…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fry the soffrito mix in the oil until it softens and starts to turn golden, add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of mins. Add the peas and ham and cook until the peas are heated through. Stir in the cream and mustard, then turn off the heat. Season well and tip into a pie dish, ovenproof bowl or large shallow mug.
Roll out the pastry using a little of the flour until it is larger than the top of your dish. Lightly score a criss-cross pattern into the pastry. Wet the rim of the dish with water and lift the pastry on top, pressing the pastry on to the edges of the dish.
Cook for 20-25 mins or until the pastry is risen and golden.