Pea, ham hock & watercress salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 750g podded fresh pea (or use frozen)
- 700g cooked ham hock (see tip, below), cooled and shredded
- large handful parsley leaves, chopped
- bunch spring onions , sliced
- large handful watercress
For the dressing
- 7 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tsp English mustard
- STEP 1
Cook the peas in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 3 mins (or 1 min if frozen). Drain and run under cold water to stop them cooking. Whisk the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning until emulsified.
- STEP 2
Mix the ham hock with the peas, parsley and dressing in a large bowl. Transfer the salad to a platter or spoon onto individual plates. Scatter over the spring onions and watercress just before serving.