- Preparation and cooking time
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs , each cut into four pieces
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 500g floury potatoes , peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100ml medium-dry Amontillado sherry
- 300ml tub fresh chicken stock
- 4 tbsp soured cream , to serve
- handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté or deep frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken and add to the pan. Fry for about 4 mins until browned all over. Lift out of the pan and set aside. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the onion for about 3 mins, until it is just softened, then add the garlic and cook for a further min.
- STEP 2
Add the potatoes, mustard and sundried tomato paste to the pan, and cook for 1 min. Stir in the paprika, vinegar, sherry and stock. Bring to the boil and allow the liquid to reduce for 2 mins.
- STEP 3
Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer for 10 mins. Stir well and simmer with the lid off for another 8 mins, or until the sauce is thickened and the potatoes and chicken cooked through. Can be frozen at this point for up to 1 month. Check the seasoning and serve in bowls with a dollop of soured cream and a sprinkling of parsley.