- 2 x 70g packs pancetta pieces
Pancetta is Italian cured pork belly - the equivalent of streaky bacon. It has a deep, strong,…
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 peppers, 1 each of green, red and yellow, deseeded and finely diced
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 medium eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition packed with protein and a…
- small handful basil leaves, shredded
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Put the pancetta and onion in a large, deep frying pan. Cook for 7 mins until the onion is beginning to soften.
Add the peppers, tomatoes and tomato purée to the pan and mix well. Season, cover and cook for 10-15 mins.
Make 4 small wells in the mixture. Crack an egg into each well and cook for a further 5-6 mins or until the eggs have set. Scatter with basil and serve straight away, with crusty bread, if you like.