Oven-baked Thai chicken rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 400g pack mini chicken fillet
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste (we used Bart's) , or use less for a milder taste
- 250g basmati and wild rice mix, rinsed (we used Tilda)
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and cut into wedges
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 400g reduced-fat coconut milk
- handful coriander leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish, then soften the onion for 5 mins. Add the chicken and curry paste, then cook for 3 mins, stirring to coat.
- STEP 2
Tip in the rice and peppers, then stir in the lime zest and juice, coconut milk and 250ml boiling water. Bring to the boil, then pop the lid on and bake for 20 mins until the rice is fluffy. Scatter with coriander before serving.