Oven-baked ratatouille & sausages
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 onion , cut into 16 wedges
- 3 courgettes , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red pepper , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large pork sausages
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 400g can chopped tomato
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the onion, courgettes and red pepper in a baking dish, large enough to fit them in a single layer. Drizzle over 2 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages for about 5 mins until lightly browned on all sides.
- STEP 3
Stir the garlic and chopped tomatoes into the veg, season again, then place the sausages on top and return to the oven to cook for a further 20 mins until the vegetables are tender.