Baked carrot & sweet potato mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 800g sweet potato , peeled and chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 500g carrot , cut to the same size as the sweet potato
- 6 tbsp double cream
- good grating nutmeg
- small pinch cinnamon
- large handful fresh breadcrumbs
- olive oil , for drizzling
- STEP 1
Put the veg in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then put a lid on the pan and cook for 15 mins until really tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry for a few mins. Once completely dry, return to the pan and mash with the cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and plenty of seasoning. Transfer the mash to an ovenproof gratin dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and drizzle with a little olive oil. Can be made the day before and chilled.
- STEP 2
Bake at 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 35 mins until the top is golden and crunchy, and the mash is piping hot.