- 300g orecchiette (or any short pasta)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices crusty bread (stale if possible), crusts removed and blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 2 fat red chillies , deseeded and thinly sliced
- 5 fat garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 8-10 anchovies , in oil, chopped
- 200g cavolo nero , stalks removed, finely shredded
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and add the breadcrumbs. Toast until they are golden and crispy, then tip out onto a plate and set aside. Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper.
- STEP 2
Heat another 2 tbsp oil in the pan and add the chilli, garlic and anchovies. Sizzle for 1-2 mins but don’t let the garlic brown. Add a drizzle of the oil from the anchovies, stir and set the pan aside.
- STEP 3
When the pasta has 2 mins to go, add the cavolo nero. Remove a cup of cooking water before draining the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan and return to the heat. Add a splash of cooking water, the remaining 1 tbsp oil (along with another drizzle from the anchovies if the pasta looks dry) and the lemon zest and juice. Season well and cook for 1-2 mins, tossing everything together and adjusting the seasoning if necessary. Serve in bowls scattered with the pangrattato.