One-pot roast pork chops with fennel & potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 potatoes , cut into 8 wedges
- 1 fennel bulb , cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red pepper , halved, deseeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves , unpeeled
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes, fennel, pepper, thyme and garlic in a large roasting tin. Mix together the tomato paste and stock, then pour into the pan. Tightly cover with foil and cook for 30 mins. Take out of the oven and increase the temperature to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- STEP 2
Remove the foil and place the pork in the roasting tin, nestling in between the veg. Season well and return to the oven for 15-20 mins more or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with the pan juices drizzled over.