- 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (about 300g/11oz)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 12 wedges
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- ¼-½ tsp chilli flakes, according to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 100g uncooked quinoa
Tiny, bead-shaped seeds (although more similarly treated like grains) with a little tail…
- 85g frozen sweetcorn
- 75g kale, thickly shredded
A member of the cabbage family, kale comes in two forms: kale, which has smooth leaves, and…
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or sauté pan. Season the chicken and fry over a medium-high heat for 2-3 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 3 mins, stirring, until softened and lightly browned.
Tip in the garlic and beans, and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the chilli and spices, then stir in the quinoa and sweetcorn. Pour in 700ml just-boiled water with 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt and bring to the boil.
Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 12 mins, stirring regularly and turning the chicken occasionally. Add the kale and cook for a further 3 mins or until the quinoa and chicken are cooked through.