One-pot chicken with quinoa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
An easy dish packed with vitamin-rich veg and mineral-rich quinoa - a healthy lunch or dinner choice that's quick to prepare
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (about 300g/11oz)
- 1 medium onion , sliced into 12 wedges
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 100g green beans , trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli flakes , according to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 100g uncooked quinoa
- 85g frozen sweetcorn
- 75g kale , thickly shredded
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or sauté pan. Season the chicken and fry over a medium-high heat for 2-3 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 3 mins, stirring, until softened and lightly browned.
- STEP 2
Tip in the garlic and beans, and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the chilli and spices, then stir in the quinoa and sweetcorn. Pour in 700ml just-boiled water with 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt and bring to the boil.
- STEP 3
Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 12 mins, stirring regularly and turning the chicken occasionally. Add the kale and cook for a further 3 mins or until the quinoa and chicken are cooked through.