- 1 tsp sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds and extracting the oil. It's usually…
- 1 small onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 large or 2 small boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp curry paste (choose your favourite)
- a third of a mug basmati rice
- two-thirds of a mug chicken stock
- 1 mug frozen mixed vegetables
- half a mug frozen leaf spinach
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion for 5-6 mins until softened. Add the chicken pieces, fry for a further couple of mins just to colour the outside, then stir in curry paste and rice. Cook for another min.
Pour in the chicken stock and throw in any larger bits of frozen veg. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, then cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 10 mins, then stir in the remaining veg. Scatter over the spinach, cover, then cook for 10 mins more until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender. Give everything a good stir, season to taste, then tuck in.