One-pan lamb & couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 lamb steaks, approx 140g/5oz each, or 4 lamb chops trimmed of excess fat
- 1-2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful dried fruit and nuts
- 85g couscous
- 400g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 100ml/3½ fl oz hot chicken stock or lamb stock (from a cube is fine)
- handful mint leaves, torn
- STEP 1
Rub the lamb with half the harissa paste. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb for 3 mins on each side for medium-rare, or a little longer for well-done. Lift the meat out of the pan and tip in the remaining harissa, the dried fruit and nuts, couscous and chickpeas, then stir to coat in the paste. Take the pan off the heat and pour in the stock. Stir briefly, return the lamb to the pan and cover with a lid or tightly-fitting foil for 10 mins until the couscous has absorbed all the liquid.
- STEP 2
Fluff up the couscous with a fork, season to taste and fold the mint leaves through to serve.