Nectarine & pistachio crunch layers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 25g porridge oats
- 50g demerara sugar
- 25g shelled pistachios , finely chopped
- 500g fresh low-fat custard
- 500g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or Greek honey
- 4 ripe nectarines , stoned, thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix breadcrumbs, porridge oats, sugar and pistachios together and spread out in an even layer on a baking parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 8 mins, stirring half way, until crisp and golden brown. Cool.
- STEP 2
Gradually beat the custard into the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Sweeten with the syrup or honey. Using dessert glasses or pots, layer up the pistachio crumbs, the nectarines and the custard mix.