Mushroom melts with spinach salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 15-20 mins
- Serves 4
- 4large flat portobello mushrooms , stalks removed and discarded
- 1 shallot , finely sliced
- 1small garlic clove , finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4slices white bread – we used a bloomer loaf
- 140g gorgonzola cheese , sliced into 4 pieces
- 225g bag prepared young leaf spinach
- STEP 1
Preheat the grill to high. Toss the mushrooms in a large bowl with the shallot, garlic and 2 tbsp of the oil.
- STEP 2
Drizzle the bread with some olive oil, grill until lightly toasted, then set aside. Grill the mushrooms for 4-5 mins on each side until cooked. Divide the cheese between each of the mushroom cavities, sit the mushrooms on the toast, cheese side up, and put back under the grill and cook until the cheese is melting and bubbly.
- STEP 3
Toss the spinach in the marinade bowl with the remaining oil and season if you want. Serve the spinach topped with the mushroom toasts.