Miso noodles with fried eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This quick and healthy veggie dinner has a base of wholemeal noodles for a filling, fibre-rich supper. It's packed with 4 of your 5-a-day, plus vitamin C and iron too
- 2 nests wholemeal noodles (100g)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus a drop extra for frying
- 30g ginger , cut into matchsticks
- 1 green pepper , deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 leeks (165g), thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp brown miso
- 160g beansprouts
- 100g frozen peas , defrosted
- 160g baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soften.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the ginger, pepper and leek for a few mins until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min more. Drain the noodles, reserve 2 tbsp of the water and mix with the miso.
- STEP 3
Add the drained noodles, miso liquid, beansprouts, peas and spinach to the wok and toss over a high heat until the spinach wilts. While you are doing this, fry the eggs in a little oil to your liking. Pile the noodles onto plates, top with the eggs and chilli, if using, and serve.
SIGN UP TO OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!