Miso noodles with fried eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 nests wholemeal noodles (100g)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus a drop extra for frying
- 30g ginger , cut into matchsticks
- 1 green pepper , deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 leeks (165g), thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp brown miso
- 160g beansprouts
- 100g frozen peas , defrosted
- 160g baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soften.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the ginger, pepper and leek for a few mins until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min more. Drain the noodles, reserve 2 tbsp of the water and mix with the miso.
- STEP 3
Add the drained noodles, miso liquid, beansprouts, peas and spinach to the wok and toss over a high heat until the spinach wilts. While you are doing this, fry the eggs in a little oil to your liking. Pile the noodles onto plates, top with the eggs and chilli, if using, and serve.