Minty beetroot dip with chilli pitta crisps
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling
- Serves 8
- 250g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot , drained and coarsely grated
- ½ small cucumber , halved, seeds scooped out, cut into small chunks
- ½ x 500ml pot Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove , very finely grated or crushed
- ½ large bunch mint , leaves picked and finely chopped, plus some small leaves to serve
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
For the pitta crisps
- STEP 1
Put the beetroot, most of the cucumber, the yogurt, garlic, mint, sugar and some seasoning in a large bowl, and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. On a large baking tray, toss together the pitta triangles, olive oil and chilli flakes. Bake for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until really crisp.
- STEP 3
To serve, give the dip a good mix, then spoon onto a plate. Scatter with the reserved cucumber and mint, and drizzle with a little oil. Serve with the pitta crisps.