Mild chilli & bean pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 sticks celery , thinly sliced
- 340g extra-lean minced beef
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can kidney bean in water, drained and rinsed
- 300ml beef or chicken stock
- 300g wholewheat penne
For the topping
- ½ x 568g tub 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 50g red leicester cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- STEP 1
Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and celery, season with pepper and a little salt, then cook until soft. Remove vegetables and set aside. Brown the mince in the pan, a handful at a time, tossing with a fork as you go. Only add a splash of oil if the mixture begins to stick too much. Once browned, tip into a sieve to remove any excess fat.
- STEP 2
Return mince and cooked veg to the frying pan, add the chilli powder, tomatoes, tomato purée, beans and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, stir into the mince and spoon into a large lasagne dish. Mix the yogurt, eggs, cheese and garlic together and season lightly. Spoon over the top of the pasta and bake for 20-25 mins or until lightly browned.