Mediterranean stuffed peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large red and 1 large yellow pepper, halved and deseeded (leave stalks on)
- 85g couscous
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- handful black olives, roughly chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g semi-dried tomato snipped, or handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp shredded basil
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pop the peppers on a plate and microwave on Medium for 5 mins, until almost soft. Place on a baking tray, cut-side up.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and cover with 125ml boiling water. Stir, cover the bowl and leave to stand for 10 mins. Stir the couscous with a fork to break it up, then mix in the pine nuts, olives, feta, tomatoes and basil. Pile the couscous stuffing into the pepper halves and bake for 10 mins.