Mediterranean feta salad with pomegranate dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 2 red peppers
- 3medium aubergines , cut into chunks, or 15 small, halved
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- tsp cinnamon
- 200g green bean , blanched (use frozen if you can)
- 1 small red onion , sliced into half moons
- 200g feta cheese , drained and crumbled
- seeds 1 pomegranate
- handful parsley , roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the grill to its highest setting. Cut the peppers into quarters, then place them, skin-side up, on a baking sheet. Grill until blackened. Place in a plastic bag, seal, then leave for 5 mins. When cool enough to handle, scrape skins off, discard, then set the peppers aside.
- STEP 2
Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cinnamon, then season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and softened – about 25 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. To serve, place the aubergines, green beans, onion and peppers on a large serving plate. Scatter with the feta and pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing over, then finish with the parsley.